Weiler & Rees and its attorneys have substantial experience in all matters dealing with pension plans and ERISA. This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Plan drafting
- Interpreting plan language or plan determinations
- Addressing issues of plan administration
- Advising clients on IRS & ERISA compliance
- Obtaining an Internal Revenue Service determination on the tax qualified status of a plan
- Non-Tax Qualified Retirement Plans
- Addressing Qualified Domestic Relations Orders
- Representing clients in IRS and Department of Labor examinations
One of the firm’s focuses is in representing governmental pension plans. Weiler & Rees represents several state plans, including state-wide plans and local governmental plans.
Weiler & Rees also represents multi-employer pension plans and advises clients with respect to the various issues that are associated with this type of plan. The firm gives unbiased advice to plan trustees. Weiler & Rees also has extensive experience in addressing various ERISA issues.
John J. Weiler has over 30 years of experience practicing in various aspects of pension and ERISA matters.